Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Beginings; You're Invited

Two months ago I graduated from college and I'm finding that many others are in the same position as me: excited to be done with one chapter of our lives, yet uncertain of what the next one holds. Now, I know that no one can really say what the future holds no matter what age you are or what stage of life you are in, but I find myself uncertain of what the next step is in life. I have had goals and have worked toward them for the past four years and upon completing some of these goals (like getting a BA in photography) I am realizing that sometimes plans change. I still have dreams and hopes and ideas of how my life will go, but I'm learning to trust God with all of that and remember that all the details are in His hands.

So, I am seeking His purpose for my life and am pursuing a few different options. In the mean time, I'm not going to just sit around! In an effort to keep myself doing something and to keep life exciting (and to show Daniel that my life is interesting... kind of, haha), I'm going to post a picture each day of something from my day; something new, fun, exciting, or funny from my day. This will give me something new to do everyday as well as make me appreciate the everyday blessings of life. No, I am not the first person to ever do this (credit goes to Sarah Lynch and Jessica Roman. I got the idea from a combo of the blogs you did). Yes, some of the photos will be artistic seeing as I am a photographer, but most will probably just be snapshots from my life.

I invite you join me on this journey as I take in the world around me and remember that God has a purpose for my life: even this time of waiting right now. Maybe you'll think I'm silly or boring or maybe you'll find some kind of comfort in knowing that you aren't the only one out there who has no idea what the future holds. Either way, I hope this is a blessing to you. I've decided I'm not going to miss out on it any longer, but I'm going to make the most of every day I have because I'm not guaranteed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment